Richard Margetson has 51 years of experience in civil engineering, contract writing, construction supervision and management of large construction projects.
Through his work Richard has earned a solid reputation among municipal administration and staff, general contractors and developers. He has been responsible for the successful completion of a wide variety of municipal infrastructure projects, which include storm drainage works, sanitary sewer collection systems, water distribution and seismic trunk main networks and roadworks of all classifications.
Richard has gained extensive experience in contract writing and has developed recognized expertise in the Master Municipal Construction Documents. He has assisted the Corporation of Delta, the City of Burnaby and the City of New Westminster in the rewriting and implementation of their construction specifications to conform to MMCD specifications.
Richard completed the MMCD Contract Administration Course earning his designation as a Certified Contract Administrator.
Relevant Projects (Ongoing and Completed)
- 2015 Development Coordinate Storm Sewer Works Project – Portland Street, City of Burnaby
- 2015 Combined Sewer Separation Program Package IV – Pender Street, City of Burnaby
- 2014 Utility Upgrade Program Package D, City of Burnaby
- 2012/2011 Roadworks LASP, City of Burnaby
- 2011/2010 Watermain Replacement Programs, City of Burnaby
- 2009 Roadworks LASP, City of Burnaby
- 2008 Roadworks and Streetlighting LASP, City of Burnaby
- 2007/2008 Watermain Replacement Program, City of Burnaby
- 2006 LASP, City of Burnaby
- 2012/2006/2005/2004 Combined Sewer Separation Programs, City of Burnaby
- 2005/2001 Watermain Replacement Program, City of Burnaby
- 2003/2001 Westridge Combined Sewer Separation Programs, City of Burnaby
- 2001/1998 Drainage Improvement Program, City of Burnaby
- 2003/2002/2001 North Delta Water Infrastructure Renewal & Capacity Improvements, Corporation of Delta
- 47th Avenue Corridor Road Improvement Project, Corporation of Delta
- River Road Widening at Nordel and Alexander, Corporation of Delta
- River Road Widening, Hwy 99 – Ladner, Corporation of Delta
- John Oliver Park Redevelopment Feasibility Study, Corporation of Delta
- Ladner Harbour Park Sewage Study and Forcemain Design, Corporation of Delta
- Oliver Pump Station and Irrigation Canal Control Structures, Corporation of Delta
Member Applied Science Technologists and Technicians of British Columbia
Member of Public Works Inspectors Society of British Columbia
1977 to Present President and General Manager of Vector Engineering Services Ltd.,
1968 to 1977 Design Technologist and Inspector, Vector Engineering Services Ltd.,
1964 to 1968 Design Technologist, City of Burnaby, Burnaby, B.C.